Philip Moyer is Director, Financial Services, Amazon Web Services. In this role, his team works with customers in Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance and Payments. Prior to Amazon, Philip was a Managing Director of FinTech at Safeguard, the oldest public venture capital firm. He was CEO of EDGAR Online, Co- Founder of Cassiopae an Asset Backed Securitization platform and he worked 15 years at Microsoft, building their global customer business, consulting & support businesses, and the Accounting & Legal verticals. He started his career as software developer for Nuclear Submarines at GE Aerospace. Philip has served on 11 company boards and 3 nonprofit boards.
He has been a frequent speaker and author on Financial Services innovation, Blockchain/Smart Contracts, FinTech Venture Capital, and Financial Data Standards (XBRL).
Key roles include:
• Director, Financial Services – Amazon Web Services
• MD/SVP Enterprise Cloud & Financial Services Technologies – Safeguard Scientifics
• CEO & President – EDGAR Online
• Co-Founder/CEO – Cassiopae
• GM Enterprise Technologies & Services – Microsoft
Education: B.S. Computer Science – University of Pittsburgh